Wednesday, July 29, 2015

#48B - YOUTUBE

Earlier today I obliterated my Faffbook account and swore complete Faffbook abstinence.

As I wrote, this does take away my ability to share blog postings there and you'll have to use bookmarks, blog apps like Feedly or a Blogger account to keep up with Kiss My Big Hairy Spider. I guess I will continue to share each entry to Google+ as well, whatever the fuck that is. I can't make Google completely go away because of YouTube so I may as well.

That is what this "part two" is about - YouTube. I hope you all subscribe to my YouTube channel. There's a bunch of cool vids there and I plan to post more. I love YouTube. If I don't know how to do something in software I use I find a video that teaches me. If I don't know how to field strip or detail clean a certain firearm I do the same. I find guitar instructional vids all the time and I love all the photographic training and Lightroom workflow videos that are available. And there's plenty of concert footage. Of course, there are also Big Hairy Spider vids. And that's where I come in ...

I am about to post a mating video featuring Harpactira chrysogaster. I think the iPhone 6 does some amazing video in both real time and slow motion. One blog reader commented on my #47 - Casa de Tarantula #3 entry and asked me to illustrate a technique that would require video. I can insert video in the blog if it's a short clip, but for videos of a couple minutes or more I'd rather just upload to YouTube and share by a link.

My absence from Faffbook certainly is going to reduce my exposure and hinder the promotion of my projects. I understand and understood. So, I ask you here to make sure you have a way to keep up with this blog and that you subscribe to my YouTube channel and select email notifications when I post new videos.

Here's the link to the Harpactira chrysogaster mating vid.

And here is an even rarer sight ... USA captive mating of "Monocentropus lambertoni"! This may be a US first. Males are rare and I hope to produce the first babies. BTW, the species is in quotes because there is much question as to whether our hobby spider is really M. lambertoni. See my article in the next BTS Journal for more info on this "controversy"!

Cheers, MJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh yes my fix is back.....had to ask a work bud on how to get this again....I can see Mike laughing now as I had to text him for the link....
Great pictures my friend and as much as I like seeing tarantulas I find myself looking for other things such as the non theraphosid mygals and trues....Thanx for those.
Ya know also maybe some more pics of the flora buddy [being an avid orchid nut myself]....
Again thanx for keeping on...in a couple weeks
Apple

mj said...

Back?!? Where did it go? I posted on the 24th, 26th, 28th, 29th (twice) and now the 31st. It may not be daily, but it's pretty frequent.

MJ

Anonymous said...

it was my inability to conform to tech wizardry buddy......