Thursday, December 31, 2015

#101 - HAPPY NEW YEAR! [off topic]

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND KISS MY BIG HAIRY SPIDER!

My best to you and yours in 2016. May it be rewarding, prosperous, healthy and full of smiles.

Don't be a quitter and make new year's resolutions. Be a winner and strive for your goals!

What will January bring from you? Are you in one of those places that become frozen tundra and everything goes into slow motion as people brace themselves against the winter chill? I am.

But what's in your planner? Have goals? Plans? Changes? Feel free to comment below.

My January begins with the development of a new company. Want to talk about change? I'm going from "Michael Jacobi's SPIDERSHOPPE" to Triggercontrol Tactical, LLC. It's actually a life theme for me that I am always driven towards something new. I have the spirit of adventure and the passion for travel. As I continue work on the launch of TCT, I prepare to travel some more!

My January's theme is EPIC ROAD TRIP!
  • I will depart very early on Monday January 11 and return somewhat late on Monday February 1.
  • I will drive 4800 miles and sleep in hotel rooms for 21 nights in a row
  • I will train for a total of 7 days (a 2 day and 5 day course of fire) and shoot 2000 rounds
  • I will walk about 50 miles over several days at SHOT SHOW in Vegas.
  • I will play poker.
  • I will post pix on Instagram on all 3 accounts: @ExoticFauna (scenery & travel) or @dailyhandgun/@triggercontroltactical (training/SHOT SHOW)

My route goes like this (just for my stalker friends):
Huntley, IL > Lincoln, NE > Glenwood Springs, CO > Vegas (2 days) > Chino Hills, CA; Prada Olympic Shooting Park (3 days, 2 days training) > Vegas (4 nights for SHOT SHOW) > Paulden, AZ/Gunsite Academy (8 nights, 5 days training) > Grand Canyon > Albuquerque, NM > Tulsa, OK > HOME, SWEET HOME

Then I'll be home and BUSY, BUSY, BUSY until Feb 28 - March 7 for the 14th British Tarantula Society Lectures. And, with that, we bring this blog entry closer to on topic (not that it's not still going to piss off someone who only wants to read "epigynal insertion of embolus"). The BTS Lectures and Annual General Meeting will be another magnificent trip to England (my 9th I think?). I love Bristol, home of my dear mate Mark Pennell. I will be under his needle for more Serious Ink. I'll have my bonus dad Joel along and we'll first spend one night in Dublin where I'll make return visits to Jameson's and Guinness. We'll have a car once we land in Bristol and have side trips to Wales, Stonehenge and London planned.

Then its back home to launch TCT, although I'll only stay sedentary until next training session back in the Prescott, AZ area in late April ;)

Tonight I will toast you all a Happy New Year with a glass of American crafted bourbon (Breckenridge) and a Cuban Cohiba from Costa Rica.

Cheers, MJ

2 comments:

Kiffnie said...

Sounds like a fun trip!

On an unrelated note, your icloud email address is bouncing messages and saying it is "over quota".

mj said...

Ah... that explains it... Thanks, Kiffnie! Andrew Smith, who is computer illiterate, tried to tell me my email were bouncing back but I presumed he was using my old gmail addy. Actually, it's that I lost my wallet and my iCloud storage fee couldn't be auto-processed with card reported lost. Must fix.