Saturday, January 9, 2016

#103 - END OF THE LINE

Took me 103 entries to make an Allman Brothers reference ... Random musings as I prepare to sleep and rise tomorrow to start my 5000 mile 23 night road trip... It's a good time to be heading west. I can hear the guy plowing my drive as I type this. We got hit by some snow tonight and temps are supposed to drop big time over next couple of days. It won't exactly be balmy in CA, AZ and Nevada, but it will be better than here. The End of the Line refers to the fact that, finally, the SPIDERSHOPPE is closed. I have one pending order that I am waiting for an email reply about. I told the customer I can't ship due to weather and my road trip so he has options of cancelling or waiting. I shipped two orders on Wednesday and those might have been my last ever. While I am away John Apple is going to stop by my house and pick up a bunch of stuff to keep, sell and breed and the 50 or so other spiders I guess are keepers. I definitely won't be advertising ever again. Sales are closed. I'm really looking forward to getting out of town again. Costa Rica was such much needed relaxation and was a hedonistic whirlwind of luxurious holiday. But I came back to stress as I work hard on transitioning to opening up a new business and some drama with my takeover of the British Tarantula Society Journal. All I can think of right now is that Wednesday I'll be playing poker at the Mirage. I'll have three days to chill in Vegas before I head down to Chino, CA to shoot and then I'll be back in Vegas for four more days for SHOT show. I've got some killer dinner reservations and Cirque du Soleil tickets. I've seen every Cirque show except one (most I've seen twice), but finally will complete the roster by seeing the sensual Zumanity. Then it's down to AZ where I'll have a little free time to do some Grand Canyon photography or something before a week of training. Road trip pix will be on IG @exoticfauna. I'll be back on the 1st or 2nd of February and then Feb 28 will leave for the UK and the BTS Lectures. The Lectures is a great time to socialize with my European arachnoculture friends as during May's Exhibition everybody is more worried about selling and buying. My mate Andrew Smith just returned from a successful Brazil field trip and is working on a film documentary. He'll be delivering his traditional after dinner talk at the Lectures on the trip. Spoiler alert: they found the Lasiodora, Pachistopelma, Iridopelma, Avicularia, etc. they sought. Hope you all have a great 2016. I'll try to pop in here now and again. mJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

every now and then Ill look forward to your stop in here ....this blog is a welcome journey on my breaks at work Mike and I appreciate your musings.
As Mike said I am grabbing a slew of stuff from his house....to breed of course and a couple of things at his house are bucket list spiders {mira]....
be safe Mike and after all your tripping your welcome on Apple land a few hours north of you