Friday, July 1, 2016

#128 - FREE MOVIE

Since I made my documentary "In Search of Costa Rican Tarantulas", it has only been available as a paid download at Andrew M. Smith's LoveTarantulas.com. It was only 3 quid, about $4.50 or so, but everybody wants everything for free. I think I saw my half of the proceeds once or twice, but even at dirt cheap prices these downloads are few and far between.

Now, for the first time, I GIVE to you my documentary of our 2006 field trip to Costa Rica, which found 14 varieties of tarantula, for about what it's worth. If you are so inclined you can find this film on my YouTube channel split into two parts as the Love Tarantulas downloads have been. Even for FREE I imagine I'll have to lead some of you ponies to the water, so here are the direct links to watch. If nothing else you can laugh at our neckerchiefs and listen to Andrew.

In Search of Costa Rican Tarantulas - Part 1, 720p

In Search of Costa Rican Tarantulas - Part 2, 720p

4 comments:

!$a@C said...

Do tell me how to contribute to your ongoing research

mj said...

Thanks, but I don't really have any ongoing research. I travel the world and document the exotic fauna with my photographs. My greatest relevant ongoing project is my photography and getting more of it uploaded to SmugMug. The future articles I will publish will primarily be related to my travels and field trips as I am no longer involved in the captive husbandry and propagation aspects of the arachnid, reptile and amphibian worlds. I have no interest in taxonomy. The Phormingochilus revision I co-authored with Andrew Smith (also affecting Omothymus, Lampropelma, Cyriopagopus and Haplopelma) was more of a lark than anything. Andrew himself has drifted away from taxonomic work due to his new career as a screenwriter, but was obligated to describe P. pennellhewletti. I became involved as a researcher and writer to ensure that this new Sarawak species was finally described and the whole project mushroomed into a controversial revision. That's really not my cup of tea. I am no scientist.

!$a@C said...

but I really admired your work for the past few years. You were the one of the few people that inspired and guide me through tarantula husbandry. I stumbled on your blog only recently and I was quite sad that the hobby has taken its toll on you. But please do write often. Your documentary was fascinating

The Best Review said...

The movie buffs always like to get their panties in a bunch when a new movie revisits one of their favorites from childhood, the same goes here.

I know how the last Jurassic movie didn't work out and how the new terminator movie would presumably ruin our childhood as well. do not try to compare this with the Spielberg classic, it's its own movie with its own traits , and a very well done one in its own right. there are some cheesy moments, and story might feel unresolved in certain places with plot holes here and there, but overall, a brilliant movie to watch in 3D, would be money well spent and most importantly you will not be disappointed. period,
agents of shield season 3 netflix
it follows putlocker
arrival putlockers