Tuesday, September 1, 2015

#64 - SEPTEMBER ?!?!

Can you believe it?!? Time flies and all that shit. Don't even remember much of a summer and autumn is already approaching. In 3 months I will be back in Costa Rica after nine years away. It is still my favorite place and I can't wait.

Last week we even had autumn-like weather, although it will be in the 90s all this week. I shipped out one box to Alex in Seattle today (51 less mouths to feed!), but I've had to delay other shipments until the weather cools a bit. One customer had temps in the upper 90s so I guess it still is summer.

Time flying also means that Mark will be here in one month. Totally stoked for that. (No, I don't usually use the word "stoked", but it is an inside joke with Mark who is amused by American phrases like "totally (or totes) stoked" and "I'm down with that"). So we use them all the time with each other.

Mark will hopefully be finishing my right sleeve while he is here. However, I just want to hang with my best mate and enjoy some food and drink. My diet will definitely take a hit that week. And the fridge will be stocked with Tiger lager. Open invitation to KISS MY BIG HAIRY SPIDER readers ... my place October 9. Arachnoparty out in the corn fields between Rockford and Chicago.

September brings Labor Day and I'll be working. Seems appropriate. September also brings my younger sister's birthday; this year the big 5-0. I think the fact that my kid sis will be 50 is more shocking than me being older. Time flies and all that shit.

One thing that has been flying is this blog. This is post #64 in about 90 days. Crankin' 'em out...

Hope you all have a good week. I'll be returning to some TALES FROM THE FIELD this week and also need to revisit the CASA DE TARANTULA series. Thanks for reading, MJ


No comments: