Saturday, August 1, 2015

#50 - BY THE NUMBERS

Today I thought I'd share the stats of KMBHS with you. It's Blog #50! It's the first of August! Seems like a perfect time to review my prolific posting of the past two months. It is interesting to see how popular different topics are. Of course, the "views" number is just page views when someone has followed a direct link to that particular blog entry or chosen it from the right sidebar menu. If a reader is just visiting the blog and scrolling through each entry these won't count as views.



It's very interesting for me to view these stats. The Top 5 posts are particularly interesting and shows me that word about a few of my rants spread and some people who don't regularly read the blog did read those posts. Hopefully it was the fucktard dealers, USPS shippers and brown boxers.

I'm glad to see that my educational/informational/instructional posts like the Casa de Tarantula series are also seeing greater than average page views. These share decades of experience and fulfill one of the major goals of this blog. I am a bit disappointed in some of the poor numbers for some of the Tales from the Field series. These are my favorite to write and, if I was a reader, would be my favorite to read.

The Bottom 5 aren't a surprise either. Several of them are the three most recent posts and they haven't had time yet to be read by all the regulars. I also knew full well that ceasing promoting via Faffbook would make my readership fall. I hope you will consider sharing info about the blog and helping me continue to have a decent amount of views. Post direct links to new blog entries to your own Faffbook pages or in groups or forums where it doesn't break the rules. PLEASE. I solicit your help! As I said, I am posting direct links each time I publish a blog entry via Twitter. If you're bookmarking and visiting please share the links yourself via social media and help spread the gospel of KISS MY BIG HAIRY SPIDER.

Have a great weekend! I'm going to take a couple of days off from blogging. I must get the rest of my pending orders shipped out with every moment of spare time. I am also trying to get an updated inventory by tomorrow night so I can continue my clearance/closeout $ALE and move out everything else.

MJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just figured out how to share this on fussbook....the numbers prove human nature ....my favorite were the field trips...I would like to see also some flora as I also have a fascination with plants