Sunday, August 2, 2015

#50B - SUNDAY, FUNDAY #3

Sunday and a day off. I'll be spending it updating my for sale list and posting it on my SPIDERSHOPPE page and on Arachnoboards. I shipped a bunch of spiders last week and, thankfully, all arrived live and well. They were personal collection spiders and many sexed females so I was more than usually worried. Some I raised from sling to adulthood. I actually wasn't too sad to see them go. But I did worry about shipping them, especially in the summer heat. I am shipping all orders HOLD FOR PICKUP at the FedEd "hub" and I always deliver my packages myself to my local FedEx Ship Center. No riding about in a delivery truck in the warm morning hours for my spiders. The collection is dwindling. I am committed to only a small group of spiders and getting back into a few snakes. I am "just" a hobbyist, albeit a highly experienced and knowledgeable one.

So I am off to inventory and feed. I have a family birthday party at 4 pm. It is a triple celebration and includes my birthday, which is this Wednesday (8/5). My father's was 7/31 and his wife's was two days earlier so we always celebrate the three together. I have now lost 25 pounds so I won't be eating much of my sister's always delicious food. I also won't be drinking because it's an alcohol free zone due to her son's battle with drinking. So I'll drink green tea and play with Maggie, my sister's beautifu,l yet elderly, Chesapeake Bay Retriever. Since I've lost my precious Taylor she is my surrogate dog and Maggie sadly is also at her end.

I work 2-8 pm on my bday Wednesday, and will go into work a couple hours early and dump a couple hundred bucks on ammo. Fortunately, I get it at cost so I'll have plenty of rounds to shoot. I will be trying out a bunch of our rental rifles and a few handguns other than my own and ... Um, having a blast. Then I actually have a three day weekend and will be heading up to Minnesota for the Minnverts meet to deliver some spiders and hang with their great group on Saturday night.

Enjoy your Sunday. Raise a glass to your devoted blogger on Wednesday as I turn 51. You'll only have so many more chances ;)

All the best, MJ


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy B-Day Micheal

Anonymous said...

Happy early Birthday Mike.....heh heh damn you so old....
Looking forward to see whats left for sale in two weeks....
not sure if I am crashing at your place or Andys {his wifey poo was asking]...probably your place.
Glad your on the upswing my friend
Apple

mj said...

Thanks guys