Wednesday, June 24, 2015

#19A - RANDOM SHIT - ANOTHER LIST

1. My new Kiss My Big Hairy Spider Faffbook page is only 24 hours old and already has 150 likes. This is where I will post each new blog entry so please LIKE and, more importantly, FOLLOW. I've noticed that my posts there so far show only an average of 40 reached, which I hope is because not everyone has looked at their news feed yet and not that many "LIKERS" are not also "FOLLOWERS". The whole reason I created a KMBHS Faffbook page is so that I wouldn't announce in other groups where I would be violating rules on external links to other websites or pages that contain profanity.

2. Last weekend was a blast! Not only did I have the Pennell Family from Bristol, England as house guests all week, but I had a small gathering on Friday night that turned into quite the whiskey shooting extravaganza. Jason Newland was fresh back from 7 months in Peru and brought some killer award-winning wings from Crosstown Pub in Naperville. But what excited him was finally getting the spiders I had been caring for while he was gone back, which included some new ones he had ordered while in Peru and hadn't even seen yet. Plus I sent him away with a few gifts to get his collection going again. First to arrive was another best bud. Chad Campbell hauled ass down from Minneapolis and arrived noonish. We started drinking immediately and he brought some fine beer and spirits to add to the mix. Also down from Minnesota was David Lawrence who picked up some nice spiders I had been holding for him. I really appreciate all the people who drove so far to hang with us. John Apple and Norman Lee Culp came from Ypsilanti, Michigan. Randy Jr. And Randy Sr. Martinez were in attendance as was Jaimie Little and her fiancé Scott and so were my sister Lisa and bonus dad Joel. Spider room tours were given, spiders left with guests leaving me with fewer months to feed, whiskey shots were thrown back and pizza and wings were plentiful. I'm sure Mark, Kim and Brandon were amused by the assortment of Americans.

3. My watermark remains controversial. Somehow that and my copyright notices bother some asshats. They are clueless and beyond my desire to educate. I ignore as I always refuse to have battles of wits with unarmed men (or women). Some Simon Geary twat from Leicestershire, UK posted an egg sac pic complete obliterated with my logo. Perhaps I should pummel some fucking manners into him the next time I am over in Blighty. An AB Admin removed his retarded post. What troubles me is how the Internet has created this culture where manners are gone, people steal intellectual property with cavalier disregard or ignorance and people go out of their way to be argumentative or disrespectful. There are so many douchebags who think they are clever or funny when they're not, and go out of their way to stir up shit. 

4. So many topics are coming to mind, but they're all worthy of a dedicated blog entry. I just hope I remember them all. I guess I'll push on to #19B, which is today's primary blog.

But thanks for reading. Please feel free to comment below each posting and engage me in further discussion. Your opinion counts.

No comments: