Wednesday, June 3, 2015

#1 - RESURRECTION

I can't believe how long ago my last blog post was. As a writer, you'd think I would have stuck with it. But "Kiss My Big Hairy Spider" was created during a very odd period in my life. I was in limbo, temporarily living in Milwaukee between my stints in Seattle, and I decided to spew some stuff out. The name alluded not only to my passion - arachnids, specifically theraphosid, or tarantula, spiders - but also basically translated as "fuck you"; these are my opinions, this is my rant.

I am now speeding into my 51st birthday and, believe me, I have more to rant about. Always opinionated and always irreverent, I have plenty more to spew. Social media has pretty much shit upon anything that was pure, and I confess I've been dragged into its cesspool. I avoid getting involved in discussions with anyone I don't personally know and respect, but few have similar restraint. I post my pretty pix. I advertise my pretty spiders. But I shun the ugly masses and ignore the inane.

I have been professionally peddling arachnids, herps and other exotics since 1982. Outside of my own businesses (e.g., Jacobi Herpetoculture, The Living Terrarium, SpiderShoppe, Exotic Fauna Enterprises), I have held pet industry positions from reptile manager to buyer to delivery driver to salesman specializing in wholesale premium dog and other pet foods to general manager of a multi-million dollar pet wholesaler servicing Petco and independents in the five states of the Pacific Northwest, which also operates - and still does - the largest veiled chameleon breeding program in the world. I know some shit. Most of the time, I know my shit. So, if you're interested in learning the truth about tarantulas and other arachnids instead of what some newbie quoter of half-truths and regurgitated nonsense posts, read my blog. If you're interested in reading my rants on the things about the hobby that piss me off, read my blog. If you want to hear about my travels and experiences, subscribe here.

The KISS MY BIG HAIRY SPIDER blog has been resurrected. Again I spew. Perhaps you read.

This is a RESURRECTION

1 comment:

Javier JPG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.