Saturday, October 3, 2015

#80 - WITH APOLOGIES

Happy Rocktober!

Greetings KISS MY BIG HAIRY SPIDER readers! I must offer my apologies for the fewer posts of the past few weeks. I have been very busy and my mind has been occupied with other things.

Most importantly, I've been preparing for Sunday's arrival of Mark Pennell who again is making the journey from Bristol, England to Amsterdam to Chicago. I pick him up at about 3 Sunday afternoon and since I've have his canvasses, other houseguests and Friday evening party guests in my home I am spending any free moment when I am not working or shipping spiders trying to organize and clean the bachelor pad.

I don't have much to say that is arachno-related and, thus, on topic for this blog right now. I don't give arachnids much thought these days except when I am editing the articles for the next BTS Journal. Again, I urge you all to JOIN - even if only through a digital membership - and get the current journal with my two articles. However, when I find the time I will make at least one of those articles available here as a bonus to the loyal KMBHS readers who have now stuck with me through eighty posts.

Since I do enjoy calling out douchenozzles and asshats, I may as well end this with doing so. In an earlier blog on novice "pseudo dealers" I had called out some people and one was some guy who uses the alias widow keeper or something like that. During a phone conversation, Frank Somma defended this guy whose birth name is Nick Krueger and said that he is eager to learn and has sought Frank's counsel. Well, he may be open to fast-track learning by asking questions of an expert like Frank, but he is still a d-bag as the below Faffbook exchange sent to me by Chad Campbell proves.  The post was in a shitty classifieds FB group that doesn't have good moderators. Apparently this twirp is selling spiders of the highly dangerous genus Phoneutria. Not really something a novice or d-bag should engage in ... this is territory for only the highly experienced keeper, seller and buyer. Chad tried to educate him and he doesn't seem here to be as eager to learn as Frank made him out to be. He seems more like a kid who needs my foot on his throat. Read the twat's response to Chad and you'll see he's just another punk who sadly is the typical arachnid hobbyist these days.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, that's "special". I still make mistakes, and am not nearly as educated as you or Chad, but I do take personal note when I'm corrected by a respected senior keeper. The same mistake is rarely made a second time, let alone blatantly and rudely shrugged off. Thank you for blogging on this subject and giving us a heads up on d-bags.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to your party, by the way. Most will never know what it means to me to be included in such social events. Thank you for hosting. Cannot wait to see you, Mark, and Chad.

Anonymous said...

Well i guess im not shipping to krueger.....was going to but after reading this i will not trade with him...
RESPECT your peers....learning the proper way is whats needed. Not blind arrogance.
Have fun getting ol Marky poo tomorrow....be safe and see ya in a few days buddy...
Oh yeah if you have a gas stove keep Norm away from it......heh
Apple

mj said...

See you guys soon... I look forward to seeing everyone. I am working Monday while Mark tattoos his first two clients (Jaimie and Randy Sr.), but have taken the rest of the week off to relax and hang with Mark and everyone else. So, I'll be free on Thursday John and see you guys when you arrive. Norm, I take it you are driving separately on Friday? Y'all know where to find me ...

Unknown said...

Yes, I'll be leaving my home early Friday morning.