Wednesday, October 21, 2015

#88 - IT STARTED WITH A BANG ...

I resurrected KISS MY BIG HAIRY SPIDER at the beginning of June. I blogged with a fury, tackling all sorts of subjects while trying to entertain. Nothing was out of bounds and I called out many a douchebag. My "rants" saw the greatest readership (most page views - controversy attracts), but I ran out of both topics and desire. I'm in a happy place now and don't want to let the bastards grind me down. I choose to live by the faux-Latin motto Illegitimis non carborundum, if you will. I've told many a story from my worldwide field trips in search of tarantulas and reptiles and I've done my best to educate with some posts related to "Tarantulas in the Terrarium". However, my blogging output certainly has decreased.

June saw 32 posts. Obviously, that's more than one per day. July was almost as prolific, with 26 individual blog entries. However, both August and September had only 16 posts, and my average frequency had been cut to every other day. We are now 21 days into October and, after two brief posts yesterday, this short entry will be only the ninth. Although yesterday's blogs were "end of" messages, I am not ready to cease blogging. I have to at least reach #100. However, I do need an audience. Page views and comments keep me going. I've asked before for topic suggestions and heard little from y'all. Please email me at spidershoppe@icloud.com with questions or to tell me what you'd like to read about. If everyone reading this sends me one short question I can do an "reader mailbag" entry of sorts where I answer your questions. No topic is off topic or out of bounds. By now you know I'll write anything and call a spade a spade. Provoke me. Stimulate me. Challenge me. I will give a brutally honest and frank answer to anything asked. Personal. Professional. Private. Anything.

Let's see if any of you take me up on this ... MJ

5 comments:

Unknown said...

*Handling
*Poecilotheria and the ESA
*What has caused the US hobby's decline even with hobbyist numbers going up? Are these two figures related?
*Stamp collectors
*Explain why the Blackhawks suck and the Wild will take it all this year
*Explain the difference between what spider is actually described versus hobby material.
*US hobby breeding ignorance- "I have a sac, now what do I do?"

That should keep you busy. ;) All the best -Chad

Dave marschang said...

I was gonna suggest a few things, but I would like to hear your responses to several of chads ideas.

Kiffnie said...

I am kinda of a nerd, but I loved the one about substrate/moisture/drying cycles. I would love to hear thoughts about handling, and Poecilotheria, and people that handle Poecilotheria. I have a digital membership in the BTS because of your blog. Keep it up!- Kiffnie

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back at the keyboard :). Any of the topics Chad suggested, I'm all ears.
I would love to hear more about the hobby during its beginning, as that period (late 70's) is when I was bit. I have been checking this blog almost daily hopping it wasn't finished.
Thanks
Steve

mj said...

Thanks for the comments and suggestions so far. I will begin tacking these tomorrow as I am working 12 hours plus today. As for the Blackhawks vs. Wild, I look forward to Chad buying me a bottle of Jamesons for the third year in a row. Hawks have a completely new team that will score a lot of goals so I am not worried only seven games into the season. At least they won the game I took Mark to :)